New horizons: emerging metadata standards and practices in the 21st century
27 May 2021
Join our New Horizons panel for a wide ranging discussion of metadata standards and practices, and keep current with the latest developments from IFLA's metadata sections and standards groups.
The event will be held live on 27 May 2021, 17:00 – 18:30 CET
Check your timezone and save the date!
- 30 minutes: Metadata lightning talks: highlights from the Sections, the BCM Review Group, the ISBD Review Group, LIDATEC, and the Permanent UNIMARC Committee
- 45 minutes: New Horizons panel
- 15 minutes: open Q&A on the panel or the lightning talks or any other metadata questions
- John Horodyski, Managing Director, Insight & Analytics, SaltFlats, and Adjunct Professor at San Jose State University
- Frédérique Joannic-Seta, head of the Metadata department at the Bibliothèque nationale de France and co-chair of the "bibliographic transition" French national programme
- Ángela Quiroz U., Library of Congress of Chile, Sección Producción de Fuentes Referenciales, Departamento de Producción de Recursos de Información, and member of the Cataloguing Section Standing Committee
Panel moderator: Athena Salaba, Kent State University, chair of the Subject Analysis and Access Section
The event is free, but registration is required. You will receive the link once you have registered.
Suggested Audience: Metadata practitioners, researchers/teachers, cataloguers
Level of interaction: 3 panelists + Q&A
Duration of event: 90 minutes
Language(s) and subtitling available: English with Live AI English Subtitles and Transcription
Accessibility: Live AI Closed Captioning and Transcription
For more information contact: Pat Riva firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: 19 March 2021