More about the Big Data Special Interest Group
The Big Data Special Interest Group (SIG) is a SIG sponsored by the Information Technology Section. The Big Data SIG believes that there are diverse aspects of Big Data that need focused attention by IFLA over the next few years, including:
- uses and benefits of Big Data from a library management context
- the application of Big Data from a library service and support perspective
- competencies related to working with data in libraries
- the value-add role of libraries in Big Data
- promote open source standards and frameworks for Big Data
- public access to Big Data and e-Government
- privacy, governance and ethical issues
- interdisciplinary collaborations around data
Other Big Data related issues including:
- rights to correct/update information
- retention periods of information
- infrastructure, framework, and applications
- organizing, accessing data and managing data quality
- data mining, visualization, and analysis
- data analytics (discovery and communication of meaningful patterns) to draw valuable insights
Community and mailing list
BIGDATA: This list is used to distribute and share information, and communicate with subscribers of the Big Data SIG.
Messages intended for distribution to the list should be sent to: email@example.com.
NOTE: BIGDATA mailing list is open to anyone interested in the activities, but you need to subscribe to the list to submit & receive messages.
Last update: 20 August 2020