IFLA President-elect 2021-23: Candidate Interviews
This year, there are three candidates for President-elect of IFLA.
In order to support those eligible to vote to make their choice, we are happy to share, here, recorded interviews with each of those standing for the post.
Based on questions submitted by you, with the help of an external moderator, hear about each of the candidates’ ambitions, priorities and views on key topics for our field.
Statements of Motivation
1. As President, how will you build on the inclusive and collaborative momentum that began with Global Vision and continue ensuring members have a voice in shaping IFLA’s future?
2. What do you see as the next challenge IFLA must address to promote greater diversity, equity, and inclusion, and how will you lead IFLA in achieving it?
3. As President, how will you lead IFLA in addressing the question of financial sustainability?
4. How will you engage with the next generation of library professionals during your presidency?
5. What excites and worries you most about the future of libraries in a post-COVID world??
6. What experiences have prepared you for both the intensity and complexity of the job of IFLA President?